Employment Disputes

Employment Relations Act 2000 deals with employment disputes.

Employment Disputes

If an employee believes that he/she has been unfairly treated or dismissed or disadvantaged by the action of the employer, he/she can raise a personal grievance within 90 days of the grievance.

Department of Labour can also investigate complaints of illegal practises by different employers and can take suitable action in case the allegations are founded.

Department of Labour also provides free mediation services to the employers and employees.

If any party to the mediation feels dissatisfied, it can ask for investigation meeting which is also free of charge.

The result of the investigation meeting can be challenged in the Employment Court.

For more information, see www.dol.govt.nzPl. note this is not a legal advice and is only general information about the law.

Arunjeev Singh Barrister is able to give free legal advice on this matter.